Monday, January 28, 2008

Fire, Job, School.... what a life!

What a busy girl I am!!!
Last night there was a fire in Blumberg Hall--- aka my dorm last year! My little sis' in Chi O (Becca) called me and asked to borrow my couch until Wednesday because she lives there and they have been evauated! All the Chi Omega couches have been filled with the 10 freshmen new girls that lived in Blumberg! The fire was on the 11th floor- -which is a boys floor- - and the boy that started it claims to have "left a candle burning" and it caught his bed on fire. Becca says the guy has a reputation to be a bit of a druggy so I'm guessing they are going to find it wasn't a candle that started up the flame! Rumors Rumors...
And it's true! I got a job at a daycare!!! I really really like it so far. The girl that runs it is only about 25 so she is a lot of fun to be with all day and the kids are really sweet so far. There is only one baby/toddler that acts up A LOT who has proven to be difficult but I'll deal with it. I do have experience after all:) But my experience comes from perfect angels of course! Today I worked in the baby room with the acting up 1 year old and a four month old baby! The four month old is SO adorable. She is the most smily and happy baby ever. It was like having opposites around me the whole time.
School. I hate school. I really, really, really am over school. I wish that fire was in the Education building.
Taryn-- I miss you guys SOOO much!! I can hardly stand it anymore!
ok..... that's all for now!

5 comments:

Carey said...

Fire, huh? The dorm next to mine at Depauw burned to the ground a few years ago and was rebuilt. It's super nice and fancy now. I don't think the Blumberg fire was that big. I'm so glad you like the day care job. See how things work out?

Taryn said...

MISS YOU TOO!

Taryn said...

Fat Bear, this is Matty. Just take that kid that's acting up and say "stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about." Havr you given up your quest to beat my family best GPA of 3.4? Yes, of course you have, no one can best Ole Matty at a test of wit and daring. I win again. HAZAA, HAZAAA, HAZAA!!!!!

Taryn said...

Well now if I count as part of the family...I beat you Ole Matty on the GPA thing ;)

Carey said...

I beat Matt too. Plus, Matt's GPA was at ISU so we all calculated it to actually be 2.5.